My Day!!

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Double A, Audit or Account?

It's been a wide topic discussion among my friends as well as with juniors..
Particularly when they opted for internship, they do not know which category to choose..

I heard that their current audit lecturer Ms Ng Lay Choo successfully killed student's interest in audit with AXP cw~
Not surprise to hear that..
Every year this issue kept happening and i noticed safeguards is done compare to my years back in year 2010~
But still students fail to absorb the elements of audit..
Cant blame it, this is the nature of audit!

Yesterday have some yum cha session with my secondary school gang~
songher, kahwai and dion..
after whole lot of discussion in whatsapp AT LAST we met successfully..
not to blame the others for not joining but i think they just simply lack commitment..
of course this comment will stay here and not trying to back stabbing others la..
just merely voice out my idea~ =)

spent 2 hours at in house cheras..
far more better than in house GK~
food also nicer!!!
it's a worthwhile chit chat session that we must treasure..
alot agenda was put up..
one of it was the title of this post~

I just started my work this past thursday..
and i work as accounts executive, under probation for 3 months..
the reason why i choose account as of now is that i do not own any degree, master or ACCA!
without this 3 things, it is hard for a big company to employ us..
Although we are fresh grads from advanced diploma but they do not give a damn..
However my current company is in short of accountants..
Thus i am employed..

First two days of work is rather easy as i prepare payment voucher and cheques..
I pick this company up because the salary is above market rate without ACCA..
and I will learn how to prepare a full set accounts..
This is important as i can understand the operation side of a company..

Once i finished my ACCA,probably earliest June or latest December, I would have experience of 9 months in preparing an accounts.
Then I will move on to audit as i planned since i entered diploma.
I would like to become auditors.

Despite auditors is a shit job i would say but it is a great jumping board..
The pay is low, the worklife is imbalance, the working hour is damn long..
officially we work until 5.30pm, but can we leave by that time? NO! guiltiness kill you when your senior is still working hard and here you want to leave?
the pay is RM3000 round off.. sounds alot, but we sacrifice youth!
OT 40 hours, wrote on timesheet 20 hours, get claimed ONLY 10 hours!
besides, hitting ourselves with deadlines can be very stressing~
also! you love social life with people around you!
AUDITORS = All U Do Is Think Of Resigning..
this aint a good industry in Malaysia..

But of course if we want to look from the bright side it still have some benefits la.
It is a great jumping board..
Being an auditors have it's power, you can get any files you like and view it, even if it's a confidential board minuted..
We can learn alot from there..
Besides, we can understand the operation of a company in small part but not all, cause we are not auditing the whole company alone..


My friend said now you become auditors everyone will respect you.
10 years later they will laugh at you for STILL BEING an auditors..


You see? there's drawback as well as benefits.
But overall, ask ourselves, what we want to achieve?

For me, I planned earlier that I wanted to go into audit firm as soon as i graduated..
But unable to complete my ACCA as soon as I can fail to attract their interest..
Thus I re-planned and opted to go for accounts first before enter back PwC~
This is what i have in mind~

But after hearing my friends point of view, i might change it..
he said why are we letting us to step into a miserable life?
we only live once and why do we need to suffer ourselves?
not that we desperate need to enter into the big 4 for money, how much we can earn there?
it is true that we can earn more, we gives our time in..
next time my friend call and ask for yum cha also i would not have time for that if i am still auditing til late night.
overall, it is not worth overall to work as an auditors..

everyone rushing to work at audit firm and become auditors have enable the big 4 to have power to affect our salary..
extremely saying, we kiss those big 4 asses till they do not bother much about our welfare..

Well well, the ultimate question: audit or account?
time to have a deep thought about it~

so ngam last few days i just told pigowl on this matter..
internship is for them to expose, think wise~ =)

ps. work first, plan might change~

No comments: